We update our rules as required so please check this page regularly. We want everyone to have a fantastic experience posting their articles or video blogs on the site. Our rules have been created to balance and provide direction in support of our vision for the magazine. We highly recommend you read ‘Our Vision‘ and our ‘FAQ‘.
THE BORING STUFF;
- You must be over 18 years old to register and submit articles on the site.
- You must be currently working in the following fields to submit articles; health, education, business, finance, wellbeing, medicine, beauty, art and culture, travel, life photography & more. If your field has not been mentioned just email us at [email protected] and we’ll let you know. We’re focused on the services that provide people with the essential tools to empower their health & wellbeing – mind, body, spirit, finance, inspiration, etc… Inside every person is a community of individuals with different needs.
- You must use your real name as ‘the Author’ of the articles you submit. No company names allowed.
- Your Author profile must have a photo of you. Minimum 200px by 200px.
- When entering your social profile links to your Author profile, it is highly recommended to use your business FB, Google+ or Twitter page – not personal. We want people to find the Professional behind the Story.
- You cannot use images in your articles with advertising except in the ‘Retail Therapy’ category. This is inline with our vision to create a personal connection with readers.
- Direct marketing of your ‘Products or Services’ must be placed in the ‘Retail Therapy’ category. No other categories are to be used. Feel free to add company logos, videos, CTA’s (Call to Action) etc…
- You must own the content you post or have the rights to use it.
- You must post at least two articles a month to keep your account active.
- Your content must be original and styled in a first person point of view. In simple terms – we want to read about your story and learn from your experiences. Write from the heart with passion. Grab people with your personality and ‘humanness’. Please read ‘Our Vision‘ for more information.
- You agree to post the articles you publish on our site to your FB business page community of friends and followers to promote your work and our community. You agree to smile while you do this.
- No website links, email addresses, CTA’s (Call To Action) are to be in your article unless it’s been posted in the ‘Retail Therapy’ category. We want a human connection in articles so people don’t feel they’re being sold something. Enjoyment first. The Authors biography will have your social links for readers to jump onto for more information if they want. Allow readers to organically connect with your energy and vibrancy and make the decision to find your professional services.
- If you copy and paste your original article across from another site – please copy it to Microsoft Word first to remove the CSS Styling that the article will be embedded with. Select paste as ‘Text Only’ to the Word document. It can then be recopied from Word into our site without formatting issues. Please note however that if the article is a direct copy from a web page (so not from a published PDF for example) Google and other search engines may see it as duplicate content and penalise your work and our site by lowering the SEO ranking. To avoid this we ask you to change one or two paragraphs to make the article unique.
- The number of words in your article must be a minimum of 300 words.
- Your article MUST have a featured image or it will be removed from the site. Please use a high quality featured image for your article that is wider than it is tall. A 2:1 image ratio i.e 1200 pixels (wide) by 600 pixels (tall) is best or 1000px by 500px to share your story on Facebook and Google. For free images go to www.freeimages.com.
- You give ‘LifeGrid Magazine’ the right to use, distribute, copy your personal information and article content to third parties in perpetuity. We want to promote you and your business to others.
- Be respectful to other Authors. We all have different opinions. Lets support creativity, passion, individuality, enterprise, entrepreneurial spirit, courage, conviction, and all the other qualities that make us great individuals.
- You will be added to our Author newsletter by default so we can update you separate from the Standard subscribers. Being on the contact list is a requirement to keep your account active.
- Please alert us by email at [email protected] if you notice people not playing by ‘The Rules’.