I opened my eyes at 5am this morning feeling a sweet change in the air. It felt really good. Then I realized Mercury is officially in Retrograde.
Here’s the thing, I understand the panic around mercury retrogrades. Last night, I could barely form a sentence sometimes. My partner and I couldn’t stop laughing. Yep, it’s definitely mercury retrograde.
Mercury is in retrograde from today August 12th, all the way until September 5th, just in time for Virgo season. Woohoo!
Mercury is the planet of Intellect, Logic, Perception, Thinking, Communication, and Technology. These are the areas affected the most hence why I could form a sentence yesterday lol.
Who gets affected more during Mercury retrogrades?
Mercury is the home planet for Geminis and Virgos (Me). So if your Sun sign, Moon or ascendant sign is in Virgo or Gemini, you will feel its full effect. A great way to see how this planet, mercury, is personally affecting you is to look at your chart and see which house Mercury, Virgo or Gemini falls in. For me, mercury falls in my 9th house, which is the house of Spirituality. If I am to go within, what better house to work with.
And for my beloved, Mercury falls in his 2nd house which is the house of Life values. Which means for him, this mercury retrograde time will be a lot of reviewing, reflecting and fine tuning his life values.
If you don’t know your signs or have a chart, no worries. You can get your free chart here: http://www.myastrologycharts.com/.
Retrogrades offer us a time to Reflect, Remember, Release, and Repair.
It’s the Cosmic Siesta.
And we get to experience this every quarter. How awesome is that? The universe always knows what we need even if we have no idea.
Mercury retrogrades in Leo and Virgo. What does this mean?
1. You may be returning to past projects and refining or tweaking them.
2. You may be looking at past decisions and ideas from a new, possibly enlightened perspective. Yei Virgo!
3. It is a time for learning (or relearning) what we love doing.
4. It’s time to think, not with the mind, but with the soul.
5. It’s time to say what you mean and mean what you say.
What should you do at this time?
1. Keep Calm, it’s only Mercury! It’s cosmic Siesta time!
3. Use your intuition rather than Logic.
4. Be flexible and go with the flow.
6. Slow down, meditate and do some journalling.
7. Reorganize, review, and reflect.
8. Back up your computers.
9. Take care of your car.
10. Accept that there may be hiccups, delays, miscommunications, and Melt-downs.
11. Be Gentle with yourself.
12. And lastly, RELAX, if I haven’t said that already.😁
This is a powerful time we are in.
You are so loved.
Cosmic radiance coming at you!
Abigail, Moon Goddess.